Digital prints could be the optimal solution for you if your logo is full-color, intricate, features multiple colors and graduated shades.
What Is Printing With Digital Transfers?
Digital transfer printing is a popular method for printing designs onto calico bags. This technique involves using a computer and a digital printer to transfer an image onto a transfer paper (see above), which is then applied to the calico bag using heat and pressure. Digital transfer printing is a versatile and cost-effective way to print high-quality, full-color designs onto calico bags.
The process of digital transfer printing involves several steps. First, the design is created using digital design software. This design can be anything from a simple logo to a full-color photograph. Once the design is created, it is printed onto transfer paper using a digital printer.
The transfer paper is then applied to the calico bag using a heat press. The heat and pressure from the press cause the ink to transfer from the paper to the bag, creating a vibrant and long-lasting design. The transfer paper is then removed, leaving the design on the calico bag.
Digital transfer printing offers several advantages over other printing methods. One of the main advantages is its versatility. Digital transfer printing can be used to print complex designs with multiple colors, gradients, and shading. This allows for a wide range of design options, including photographs, illustrations, and text.
Another advantage of digital transfer printing is its cost-effectiveness. This method requires minimal setup costs and can be used for both small and large print runs. This makes it a popular option for businesses of all sizes and budgets.
Digital transfer printing also offers a high level of durability and longevity. The ink used in digital transfer printing is specially formulated to withstand repeated washings and wear, making it ideal for use on calico bags that will be used frequently.
However, digital transfer printing does have some limitations. It is not suitable for printing on dark-colored fabrics, as the ink may not show up well against the darker background. It is also not suitable for printing on textured fabrics, as the texture may interfere with the transfer process.
In conclusion, digital transfer printing is a versatile and cost-effective method for printing high-quality, full-color designs onto calico bags. This method offers a wide range of design options and is suitable for businesses of all sizes and budgets. While it does have some limitations, such as its unsuitability for printing on dark-colored or textured fabrics, digital transfer printing remains a popular and effective option for printing designs onto calico bags.
What Are Digital Transfers Made From?
Digital transfers for bags can be made from a variety of materials, including transfer paper, vinyl, and heat transfer vinyl (HTV). Transfer paper is a type of paper that is coated with a special ink-receptive layer that allows the ink to transfer to the bag when heat and pressure are applied. Vinyl and HTV are both types of plastic film that can be cut into designs and applied to the bag using heat and pressure.
Transfer paper is the most common material used for digital transfers onto calico bags. There are two main types of transfer paper: inkjet transfer paper and laser transfer paper. Inkjet transfer paper is designed to work with inkjet printers, while laser transfer paper is designed to work with laser printers. Both types of transfer paper can be used with a heat press to transfer the design onto the bag.
Vinyl and HTV are also popular materials for digital transfers onto bags. These materials can be cut into intricate designs using a vinyl cutter, and then applied to the bag using a heat press or iron. Vinyl and HTV are available in a wide range of colors, finishes, and textures, making them a popular choice for creating unique and eye-catching designs.
Digital Transfers onto Calico Bags – the step-by-step process for beginners to experts
- Supply the artwork: The first step is for you to supply Calico Bags Austrlia the artwork that will be printed onto the calico bags using digital design software such as Adobe Illustrator or Photoshop. Ensure that the artwork is sized correctly for the calico bag and that it is a high-resolution file. We accept files such as PDF, EPS and AI format.
- Print the transfer: Once your artwork is created and supplied, it must be printed onto transfer paper using a digital printer. Choose the appropriate transfer paper based on the type of printer being used, whether it’s an inkjet or laser printer.
- Cut the transfer paper: We use a cutting machine to cut the transfer paper around the edges of the design, leaving a small margin around the design to make it easier to apply the transfer to the bag.
- Heat the press: We preheat the heat press to the appropriate temperature and time recommended by the transfer paper manufacturer.
- Position the transfer: We place the calico bag onto the lower platen of the heat press and position the transfer paper on top of the bag, with the design facing down onto the bag.
- Apply pressure and heat: We close the heat press and apply pressure for the recommended time and temperature specified by the transfer paper manufacturer. This will transfer the design onto the bag.
- Remove the transfer paper: Once the transfer is complete, we carefully remove the transfer paper from the bag. If any areas of the design did not transfer, carefully apply heat and pressure to those areas again.
- Let the bag cool: We allow for your bag to cool down completely before handling or washing it.
- Wash and dry the bag: Once the bag has cooled down, it can be washed and dried as usual. The transferred design should be able to withstand multiple washings without fading or peeling.
This process can be adapted to different types of digital transfer materials, such as vinyl or heat transfer vinyl, by adjusting the temperature and time settings on the heat press and using appropriate transfer sheets. With practice, creating digital transfers onto calico bags can be a fun and rewarding process that results in high-quality and durable designs.
Digital Transfer Pricing – based on size
When it comes to digital transfer pricing onto calico bags, the process is similar to pricing for other types of garments or items. The cost of digital transfers onto calico bags is determined by several factors, including the size and complexity of the design, the type of transfer material used, and the quantity of bags being printed.
As with other types of digital transfers, the size of your logo is a key factor in determining the cost of transferring the design onto the calico bag. Here at Calico Bags Australia we offer a pricing structure based on the size of the transfer area, charging a certain amount per square Cm’s of transfer material used. This means that clients with larger logos will pay more for their transfers than clients with smaller logos.
Quantity is another important consideration when pricing digital transfers onto calico bags. Generally, clients who order larger quantities of bags will receive a bulk discount, as the cost of production per bag decreases as the number of bags being printed increases. Our bulk pricing on larger orders make us one of the most competitive companies in Australia to brand all digital print bags – hands down!
Overall, digital transfer pricing onto calico bags is a complex process that takes into account a range of factors, including the size and complexity of your logo, the type of transfer material used, and the quantity of bags being printed. By working with a reputable digital transfer company such as us, we can ensure that they receive a fair and accurate price for their transfers, regardless of the size or complexity of their design.
Please contact us today for more information and detailed pricing.